This little beauty really takes only about two minutes to make and it's perfect for a clip, a headband, or even a decoration on a little dress or skirt.
Materials:
1. Yarn (size 3) - one or two colors
2. Crochet hook - size G
3. Yarn needle
Abbreviations:
mr - magic ring
ch - chain
yo - yarn over
st(s) - stitch(es)
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet
Pattern:
mr, ch 1
In the ring do the following: yo, insert hook through ring, yo and pull. Now you have three loops. Yo again, insert hook through ring, yo and pull. Now you have five loops. Yo again and pull though all loops.
Repeat the process until you have 8 - 10 sts. You'll make 8 if you want 4 petals and 10 sts if you want 5 petals. Each petal takes 2 sts.
Petal 1: 1 sc in first st. In the same st hdc 2, then dc 2. Now yo, insert hook through loop, yo, pull hook through loop (you have 3 loops); yo and pull through 1 loop (3 left on hook); yo and pull through 2 loops (2 left on hook); yo and pull through 2 loops (1 left on hook).
In 2nd st, yo, insert hook through loop, yo, pull hook through loop (you have 3 loops); yo and pull through 1 loop (3 left on hook); yo and pull through 2 loops (2 left on hook); yo and pull through 2 loops (1 left on hook). Then dc 2, hdc 2, and sc 1. Petal 1 is completed.
Repeat 3-4 times for the rest of the petals.
Fasten off when you are done and the flower is almost ready. It looks fine the way it is but because it seemed a little flat to me I sewed through each hole around the middle part then pulled the yarn tight. I used the tail that's left from the mr for the sewing. After I pulled tight I made a knot using the yarn from the sewing and the yarn that I fastened off after I finished all the petals. Then you can weave in ends. Shape the petals and the flower is complete.
Let me know how your flowers turn out! You can share pictures too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment