Friday, October 17, 2014

Mommy - Daughter Matching Slippers (Crochet Pattern): Baby Shower Gift


My husband's cousin's wife is finally having a girl after 3 boys and I wanted to make something special for her. I found a pattern for these cute little slippers and I thought I should share: Slippers. The pattern has a little mistake though. They are not giving the sizes properly. You should chain 26 for size 5 - 6, chain 28 for size 7 - 8, and chain 30 for size 9 - 10. 


The pattern is only for the adult slippers and below I have written the changes I made for the baby slippers.

Baby Slippers

Materials:
1. Crochet Hook - Size F
2. Simply Soft Yarn - two colors (I used light brown and white)
3. 4 heart shaped buttons (2 for the baby slippers and 2 for the mommy slippers)

Notes:
1. These slippers should fit a 6 - 12 months old baby (I tried them on a 5 month old baby and they were still a little big)

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
rnd - round
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet
st(s) - stitch(es)
sl st - slip stitch
sp - space
yo - yarn over

Pattern:

ch 13
rnd 1: (RS) 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. 1 dc in each of next 8 sts. 5 dc in last ch. Working into remaining loop on opposite site of foundation chain, 1 dc in each of the next 8 sts. 3 dc in last ch. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.

rnd 2: ch 2. 1 hdc in same sp as last sl st. 1 hdc in each of next 8 sts. 2 hdc in next 5 dc.. 1 hdc in next 8 sts. 2 hdc in last 3 sts.. Join with sl st on top of ch 3.

rnd 3: ch 3. 1 dc, 2 dc in next 2 sts, 1 dc in next 2 sts, 1 sc in next 3 sts, 1 hdc, 2 hdc in next 10 sts, 1 hdc, 1 sc in next 3 sts, 1 hdc in next 2 sts, 1 dc in 2 sts, 2 dc in next 6 sts

Continue as follows:
Upper: 
rnd 1: ch 1. Working in back loop only of each st, 1 sc in same sp as last sl st.. 1 sc in next 10 sts, 1 hdc in next 4 sts, 1 dc in 12 sts, 1 hdc in 4 sts, sc until the end. Join with sl st.

rnd 2: ch 3. 1 dc in next 20 sts, dc 2 tog (twice). 1 dc until you get to last 2 sts. 2 dc in next st, 1 dc in last st. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.

rnd 3: ch 1. 1 sc in 19 sts, dc 2 tog (twice), sc in each until the end. Fasten off.

Top: 
Same as the adult size but join main color with sl st to 4th st before ch 1 of last rnd and only do 3 clusters of 3 dc in each st. I believe I only did 4 rows.

Edging:

I just sc around with the second color and then ch across. I used the foundation single crochet (FSC) which is very pretty and it also works great for headbands. Here is how you do it:

- ch 2
- insert hook into 2nd ch from hook
- pull up loop and yo
- pull through one loop and yo
- pull through 2 loops

To make the next one, insert hook into foundation ch of the previous fsc, pull up a loop and yo, pull through one loop and yo, pull through 2 loops.

Sew one button on each slipper.

The FSC is not my original pattern. I got it from someone but I cannot remember where I got it from now otherwise I would have given that person the credit.



6 comments:

  1. My 5 year old granddaughter wears a size 13, what changes would I have to make to make some for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, I am so sorry I didn't reply sooner. I just saw your comment. I actually don't know what changes you should make. I have only made baby slippers. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm confused. Beginning instructions say to chain 13. Previous explanation says to chain 26 for a certain size etc.. which one is it? Tia Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused. Beginning instructions say to chain 13. Previous explanation says to chain 26 for a certain size etc.. which one is it? Tia Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning instructions are for the baby slippers. The previous explanation refers to the pattern for the adult slippers. When I first made the adult slippers they were too small so I had to change the pattern and add more chains to make them big enough. I hope this helps. Sorry it took so long to reply!

      Delete
  4. thank you for sharing this pattern!

    ReplyDelete