Friday, September 26, 2014

Fall Decor: Crochet Acorn (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Autumn)


I just discovered these giant acorns. A neighbor actually brought one to me and I found out that the tree was right by my building. I have lived in this place for five years and I have never noticed the acorns. I am so glad I did this year. So, I made some crochet acorns to put in my shop. And here's how I made them.



Step 1: Wash the acorns in water. I only needed the tops.


Step 2: Bake them at 175 for 30 minutes on each side.


Step 3: Spray them with Satin Finish and let them dry for about an hour.


Step 4: Crochet the acorn. 

I don't have an exact pattern because the acorn tops come in different sizes. But this is how I start.

Acorn:
mr, ch 1, sh 8
rnd 1: 2 sc in each - 16
rnd 2: sc around - 16
rnd 3: 1 sc, 2 sc (8 times) - 24
rnd 4: 1 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc (8 times) - 32
rnd 5 (for a few rounds): sc around

Some acorn tops are smaller and I stop increasing once I reach 24 stitches. Some are larger and I have to increase more. If you need to increase more, add another rnd of just sc around.

I apologize for not being able to give you an exact pattern. But acorns are not the same and I do something different for each one.

I hope you liked this. Happy Fall!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment